Sunday, August 3, 2014

A glimpse of the TRASHED pencils

My next book, which will drop in Fall 2015 if I can miraculously make this deadline, is the most ambitious installment yet of my ongoing Trashed project. I started this with a thin 50-page floppy back in 2001, my first attempt at long-form storytelling. It got me my first Eisner nomination. I returned to it as a webcomic experiment in 2010 and again in 2011. And this is the big one, a 250-page (or thereabouts) sprawling Rustbelt epic about crap jobs, crazy co-workers, nutso small towns full of creeps and weirdos, and garbage, garbage and more garbage. I'm having a lot of fun with it. The fine folks at Abrams, publishers of My Friend Dahmer, will put it out.

Three of the four chapters are written and penciled. I'll wrap up the pencils on the final chapter by the beginning of September. Then it's a mad inking sprint to deliver the completed book by the end of the year.

Thought you'd all like a peek at a work in progress.