Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pittsburgh this Saturday!


I'll be one of the featured guests at the PIX comic fest in downtown Pittsburgh this Saturday. From 11-6, I'll be selling my usual array of books and original art. Then in the evening--- time still to be determined-- i'll be giving a presentation on my work.

PIX is another fast-growing comics fest, a welcome alternative to the noisy mainstream cons where cosplay and autograph lines for the guy who played Droid #5 in the latest Star Wars is the norm. And what a line-up this year! Bill Griffith, Grace Ellis, Kaz, Noah Van Sciver, etc! Admission is free.

Always fun to visit Pittsburgh, where I spent a brief, but life-changing, period at the art school. Didn't much care for the school or the curriculum, but the experience of living in the center of a big city turned this smalltown rube into an urban animal.